Welcome to the website of the Mediating Sexualities international conference!
For three days, from November 2nd to 4th 2020, we will address together the sexual politics of media production and regulation.
By bringing together about thirty researchers working from five different countries, this conference aims to answer questions such as:
– How are “pornography” and “hate” regulated on social media?
– How is platform capitalism changing pornography and sex work?
– What representations of sexuality are considered acceptable on the billboards of French cities?
– How does sexuality gets scripted for cinema and television?
– How has #MeToo movement changed the journalistic coverage of sexuality and the gender dynamics inside press newsrooms?
Mediating Sexualities also aims to show how much feminist and queer approaches are important to understand the media ecosystems that organise our public experiences.
This conference is supported by the Arènes and Gériico research units, and by the University of Lille.
Béatrice Damian-Gaillard & Florian Vörös for the conference team
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter : @mediasex2020 #mediasex2020